Emergence and epiphenomena

Jordan Zlatev jordan.zlatev at ling.lu.se
Wed Mar 1 11:26:53 UTC 2006

And if the referenences that Östen mentions are not enough - the latest
number of Journal of Consciousness Studies (vol 13/1-2) (which I have
yet not read...) is entirely devoted to "Epiphenomenalism"...

I admit that I have not made up my mind on these issues, but one thing
is clear: even epiphenomena are phenomena (that need to be described
and eventually explained).

Best,
Jordan

Jordan Zlatev, Associate Professor