vacancy: University of Edinburgh

Miriam Meyerhoff mhoff at ling.ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 16 14:09:47 UTC 2006

[My apologies for any cross-posting.]

The following position has been advertised (with the usual insanely
short window for applications typical of University of Edinburgh).

http://www.jobs.ed.ac.uk/vacancies/index.cfm?fuseaction=vacancies.furtherdetails&vacancy_ref=3006604

Please note that while we are especially open to enquiries from
anyone who is, or could, conduct active research on Scots language --
this requirement is desirable, NOT essential.

We would very much welcome applications from any interesting recent,
or soon-to-be-minted, PhDs who can contribute in exciting ways to our
programs in the history of English, sociolinguistics, text analysis.

Please direct enquiries to the Head of Department, Caroline Heycock
<heycock at ling.ed.ac.uk> (or me, in a pinch).

Please also feel free to forward this message.

chrz, Miriam

--

Miriam Meyerhoff
Professor of Sociolinguistics

ph. +44 131 651-1836 (direct line); 650-3628 or 651-1842 (main office)
fax: +44 131 650-6883

http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~mhoff/