A query...

Mark P. Line mark at polymathix.com
Tue Oct 24 02:23:02 UTC 2006

Alexander Gross2 wrote:
> It may well be that I am a bit overwraught about this, but I am curious
> to learn if anyone here besides myself detected any similarity, however
> remote, between an article in yesterday's New York Times Sunday Magazine
> and the field of Linguistics.

Not really. I think it's still pretty easy to have a career in linguistics
without reference to any kind of data, fabricated or otherwise.

On a more cheery note, I have no evidence that the peer review system is
not just as broken in linguistics as it seems to be in other fields.

-- Mark

Mark P. Line
Polymathix
San Antonio, TX