Request for assistance from the grammaticalization community

Diane Frances Lesley-Neuman Diane.Lesley-neuman at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 13 04:11:38 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am currently working on a theoretical claim regarding layering, and I am
seeking cross-linguistic evidence to support my claim.  I would like to cite
examples from multiple languages in which there are grammaticalizing morphemes,
occuring simultaneously with established morphemes of the similar/redundant
meanings.  The more agglutinating the language the better,and African language
data is particularly valuable.
  If anyone has any suggestions from the languages they have worked with, know,
or know about, they would be enormously helpful.

Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.
--
Diane Lesley-Neuman, M. Ed.
Linguistics Department