What language is this?

Johanna Rubba jrubba at calpoly.edu
Thu Apr 12 00:05:51 UTC 2007

Does anyone recognize this language? I got this version of the lyrics
off the Internet. Supposedly, it's Turkish, but a local Turkish
speaker does not recognize ANY of the words.   The "v" varies among
a /w/, /v/, and voiced bilabial fricative. The"ç" sounds like the
voiceless alveopalatal affricate we spell "ch".  The "x" is a
voiceless velar fricative. Otherwise, the letters have their IPA
values. I have it on a collection of Turkish songs that one dances
Turkish dances to. You can sample the song on the Internet, but I
don't have the proper player software.

Help?

Ma bulur abu abu
A mskva bozo memagu
Memagusis Vixeli
T ora kogovaxeli

Emine apiçxuri
Daçxur ore daçxuri
Moxti çkim oputeşa
Var gagnasen çaçxuri

Emine 3ulu 3ulu
Burgulepe ma3unu
Emine skani-şeni
Tolepe omam3unu

Anderina naşk'vare
Axir oxoriskani
Mot var gokomocaman
Gululun oraskani

Dr. Johanna Rubba, Associate Professor, Linguistics
Linguistics Minor Advisor
English Department
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
E-mail: jrubba at calpoly.edu
Tel.: 805.756.2184
Dept. Ofc. Tel.: 805.756.2596
Dept. Fax: 805.756.6374