Concerning WALS - Bees, Bats, Butterflies

dharv at mail.optusnet.com.au dharv at mail.optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 07:09:22 UTC 2008

At 10:48 PM -0500 9/11/08, Salinas17 at aol.com wrote:
snip..

>  we need a Copernicus, not a Chomsky or a Greenberg.

A reminder that it was Kepler who formulated the planetary laws, and
a comment that Chomsky has in common with Galileo a
discipline-changing body of work (subsequently elevated into a theory
of everything). Both also had clashes with authority although of a
rather different kind. Maybe we haven't yet had our Darwin or
Einstein but to be a Galileo is not to be sniffed at.
--
David Harvey
60 Gipps Street