attention?

Keith Johnson keithjohnson at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 7 17:22:02 UTC 2009

Thanks Tom for pointing out the PNAS article.

Of course, the physical structure of the brain is to some extent
determined by evolved genetics and not acquired experience, so it
makes sense to wonder if some of this structure underlies any unique
function.

Your slippery slope argument about proliferating modules ad absurdum
doesn't really convince me to to reject the paper.  The data have to
be evaluated on their merits - otherwise we're evaluating research on
the basis of the outcome not on the validity of the process.

So, I look forward to reading the Cosmides, Tooby & New paper.

best,
Keith