intro to syntax query

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 11:45:15 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Just a quick not of thanks to those the responded on and off list. A number
of folks asked for a list of the texts recommended so they are listed below
with publisher links. Also, thanks to those that have sent syllabi.

Givon, Tom 1993    English Grammar (2 vols, Benjamins 1993)
http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=Z%20ENGRAM%201  /
http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=Z%20ENGRAM%202

Givon, Tom 2001    Syntax (2 vols, Benjamins, 2001)
 http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=Z%20SYN%201
http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=Z%20SYN%202

Paul R.KROEGER   "Analyzing grammar : an introduction"
http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521016537&ss=cop

Paul R. Kroeger "Analyzing Syntax" - CAMBRIDGE
http://www.cambridge.org/us/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521016544&ss=toc

Paul Hopper "A Short Course in Grammar, W W Norton, 1999
 http://www.wwnorton.com/college/titles/english/grammar/highlights.htm

van Valen "An introduction to syntax"
 http://www.cambridge.org/us/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521635660

Thanks again,