CADAAD 2010 Final Call for Papers

Christopher Hart c.j.hart at herts.ac.uk
Wed Dec 30 13:53:39 UTC 2009

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the third international conference Critical
Approaches to Discourse Analysis across Disciplines.  The conference
will take place in Lodz, Poland 13-15 September 2010.  The conference
has a general theme of  "Ideology, identity and interaction".  See
http://cadaad.net/cadaad_2010_conference for details.

In line with previous CADAAD conferences, this conference aims to
promote new directions in cross-disciplinary critical discourse
research.  We welcome contributions from all areas of critically applied
linguistics.  We especially encourage papers which assess the state of
the art and explore new methodologies in critical discourse research
oriented toward the general theme of ideology, identity and
interaction.  Possible areas of analysis include but are by no means
limited to the following:

     * Identities in discourse
     * Political communication
     * Language in the news
     * Language in the new media
     * Discourse of advertising
     * Institutional discourse
     * Language and globalisation
     * Business communication
     * Scientific discourse
     * Health communication
     * Language and ecology

The following plenary speakers, selected for their expertise in
different approaches to critical discourse research, have been confirmed:

     * Professor Paul Chilton (Lancaster University)
     * Professor Seana Coulson (University of California, San Diego)
     * Professor Anna Duszak (University of Warsaw)
     * Professor Bob Hodge (University of Western Sydney)
     * Professor Martin Reisigl (University of Vienna)

Papers will be allocated 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions.  The
language of the conference is English.  General queeries should be sent
to the local organiser, Piotr Cap, at strus_pl at yahoo.com

Abstracts of no more than 350 words (excluding references) should be
sent by email as a Word attachment to c.j.hart at herts.ac.uk by 15 January
2010.  Please include name, affiliation, email address and paper title
in the body of the email. All abstracts will be accepted subject to
review by an international Scientific Committee.  Notification of
acceptance decisions will be communicated via email by the end of
February 2010.

Presenters will be invited to submit papers based on the general theme
for publication in the CADAAD journal.

Kind regards,
Chris Hart

--
Dr Christopher Hart
Lecturer in English Language and Communication

www.go.herts.ac.uk/cjhart