pre-doc positions in African languages at Humboldt U.

Suzanne Kemmer kemmer at rice.edu
Wed Oct 14 20:55:39 UTC 2009

Humboldt University of Berlin

Institut of African Studies, CRC (SFB 632) “Information Structure”
http://www.hu-berlin.de/

http://www.sfb632.uni-potsdam.de/

We are looking for two researchers (half-time position) to participate
in the project “Predicate centered focus types: a sample based
typological study on African languages” which is part of the
Collaborative Research Center (SFB 632) on information structure
(Potsdam and Berlin).

The research in this project involves

- typologically based language comparison in a planned language sample

- fieldwork on one understudied African language

- the possible start of a PhD project

Candidates have at least a Master's degree in African or General
Linguistics, and preferably are empirically oriented, have some
knowledge in information structure and experience in at least one
African language.

The positions are vacant since September 1st. We therefore intend to
fill them as soon as possible.

Remuneration will be according to BAT-O IIa/2 (Anwendungs-TV HU).

Please send your application and a C.V. in pdf format via e-mail to
Prof. Tom Güldemann at the email below.

Application Deadline: 19-Oct-2009

Application Email: gueldema at eva.mpg.de

Contact Information: Dr. Ines Fiedler, ines.fiedler at rz.hu-berlin.de