promotion question

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:25:20 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm up for promotion this year and have created an online archive with a
student and am wondering if anyone has experienced trying to quantify that
work in a promotion situation? I received no grant for the work, and the
student worked primarily on developing the PHP algorithm for the Root
Dictionary search mechanism (a good deal of work). The archive is for the
Coeur d'Alene language and includes:

(1) 1,200 pages of unpublished manuscripts (field notes and typed
manuscripts) and published English translations of narratives
(2) a searchable root dictionary in the Salishan orthography and tribal
orthography with English glosses (about 1,400 roots and 8,000 entries)
(3) a searchable stem list in the Salishan orthography and tribal
orthography with English glosses (and link to original source) with about
1,300 stems
(4) a searchable affix list with 200 affixes in Salishan orthography and
tribal orthography with English glosses and link to original entry in
grammar (located at the Internet Archive)
(5) a grammatical sketch
(6) a working bibliography
(7) a conversion list for the orthographies used to document the language

among some other elements...you can see the website at
http://academic.uprm.edu/~sbischoff/crd_archive/start1.html<http://academic.uprm.edu/%7Esbischoff/crd_archive/start1.html>the
affix list and stem list should have the Coeur d'Alene orthographic
elements tomorrow. My department hasn't dealt with anything like this
before, so no one is sure how to evaluate it.

Thanks for advice in advance.
Shannon