Peer reviewing

A. Katz amnfn at well.com
Sun Apr 4 01:04:07 UTC 2010

Tim,

Both creative writers and linguists are self-selected. Many of us not in
an academic position submit to both trade publishers and to linguistic
journals. Some of us fancy ourselves to be both novelists and linguists.
We get rejected more often than not. But only time will tell. ;->

Among those on Funknet, T. Givon has published both linguistics books and
trade novels.

Short term prestige may lie in the prestige of the publisher. But surely
in the long run,  it's the contribution to the field that really counts!

    --Aya

http://hubpages.com/profile/Aya+Katz