Journal Rankings

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:22:21 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a double post....I didn't read the posting instructions
before my first attempt and it may have made its way to the listserve.

The conversation on "peer reviewing" led me to wonder what journals, or
publications in general, funkneters consider "prestige". As a graduate
student, in a Generative program, the following journals were touted as "the
tier 1"  journals that we should all aspire to publish in if we wanted a job
(in no particular order):

Language
Linguistic Inquiry
International Journal of American Linguistics
Natural Language and Linguistic Theory

Personally, I find that my interests often lead me to some different
journals, for example Morphology and especially The Linguistic Review which
both seem to be exceptional journals and of "teir 1" status.

Cheers,
Shannon