IJAL accept, reject, resubmit figures

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 17:31:43 UTC 2010

Hi all,

In the latest SSILA news letter Keren Rice has a very nice piece on the
editorship of IJAL. I've taken the numbers she provides regarding
submissions, acceptance, rejection and revise and resubmit and pasted them
below. I thought they might be interesting in light on the recent
discussions regarding such issues.  The bold below is mine.

Cheers,
Shannon

The year in review:
2009: 35 submissions 17 are on languages of North America; 16 on languages
of Latin America; two mixed At year’s end: 8 accepted, 9 rejected (of these
4 rejected; *5 revise and resubmit*); rest in review  process phonetics and
phonology: 5  morphology, syntax, semantics: 25  historical: other topics: 5
(A submission may be counted in more than one category.)

2008:   33 submissions (including individual papers in the  issue) more than
half are on languages of Latin America At year end: 9 accepted, 5 rejected (
*1 revise and  resubmit*; 4 reject), rest in review process phonetics and
phonology: 6  morphology, syntax, semantics: 14  historical: 11

A comparison with previous years
2007: 27 submissions (year end: 4 accept; 11 reject (7 revise and resubmit;
4 reject))
2006: 36 submissions (including individual papers in theme issue)
2005: 40 submissions (including individual papers in theme issue)