31st TABU Conference - University of Groningen, 3-4 June 2010, SECOND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

Ildiko Berzlanovich I.Berzlanovich at rug.nl
Tue Feb 16 15:01:12 UTC 2010

SECOND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

31st TABU Dag 2010
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
3-4 June 2010
www.tabudag.nl
Abstract submission deadline: 22 March 2010

The Center for Language and Cognition Groningen is pleased to announce
the 31st TABU Dag,
which will take place at the University of Groningen on 3 and 4 June 2010.
Senior researchers, postdoctoral researchers, (post)graduate students,
and others who are interested are warmly invited to participate.

TABU Dag is an annual international linguistics conference,
which offers excellent opportunities to meet other linguists and discuss
current research in several areas of linguistics.
(Post)graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in particular are
encouraged to present their work.

In addition to the presentations, four plenary lectures will be held.
We are happy to have Michael Cysouw (Max Planck Institute for
Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig),
Julia Hirschberg (Columbia University), John C. Trueswell (University of
Pennsylvania),
and Sten Vikner (University of Aarhus) as keynote speakers at the
conference.

TABU Dag provides an opportunity for the participants to present work
addressing any of the following research areas:
• Computational linguistics
• Discourse and communication
• Language and literacy development across the life span
• Language variation and language change
• Neurolinguistics
• Syntax and semantics

In addition, we encourage abstract submissions from other linguistic areas,
which may have remained unmentioned in the overview above.

We invite short abstracts for presentations and posters in English.
Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words.
Abstracts should be submitted via the submission system on the
conference website.

Depending on the number of submissions, some authors may be invited for
a poster presentation.

Time allotted for presentations is 20 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of
discussion.
The official language of the conference is English.
The deadline for the abstract submission is 22 March 2010.

Notifications of acceptance will be sent on 19 April 2010.

N.B.: Authors should register before the 3rd of May in order to be
included in the conference program.

For further information, please visit our website: http://www.tabudag.nl
We are looking forward to seeing you in Groningen!

Kind regards,
The organising committee,

Veerle Baaijen
Ildikó Berzlánovich