phonetic corpus is just a sound picture of a language

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Mon Mar 8 16:56:14 UTC 2010

Dear Funknet colleagues, To my mind, phonetic 'corpus' means simply a collection of TRANSCRIBED texts. What do you think?  I call the phonetic corpus of a language just a sound picture of a language. First I select some basic phonetic features. I chose 9 articulatory features. After that I compare these two linguistic objects by Chi-square, Kolmagorov-Smirnov and t-test. My recent studies on the functioning of speech sounds showed that modern Russian has the following distances: Russian - Ukrainian (3.90); Russian - Old Russian (4.71); Russian - Belorussian (5.49); Russian - Czech (6.30); Russian - Sorbian (8,77); Russian - Slovak (10.42); Russian - Serbian (11.62); Russian - Polish (24.99). Do you think it is possible to get my results published in any linguistic journal? Looking forward to hearing from you to yutamb at mail.ru   Be well, yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia.