cross-linguistic categorization

Daniel L. Everett dlevere at ilstu.edu
Mon Mar 15 13:38:18 UTC 2010

As I read this discussion, including Tom G's and Martin H's, I think everyone is right. I am not seeing a conflict here.

Balthasar's use of multivariate analysis seems like exactly the right direction to me. Something the young whippersnappers get that would not have occurred to most field researchers 30 years ago.

Dan