Linguistic and Dermatoglyphic distances

Mark P. Line mark at polymathix.com
Mon May 10 18:25:36 UTC 2010

Yuri Tambovtsev wrote:
> Dear Funknet colleagues, I wonder if there is some connection between
> dermatoglyphic and genome distances? I calculated dermatoglyphic and
> linguistic distances. Looking forward to hearing if there is some
> correlation between dermatoglyphic and genome data to yutamb at mail.ru Be
> well, Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia

There have been numerous studies for over a century that establish
correlations between dermatoglyphics and other phenotypes whose genetic
bases are well-known -- particularly genetic conditions such as Down's
Syndrome.

There is also a ton of work on correlations between dermatoglyphics and
mitochondrial DNA haplogroups and between dermatoglyphics and nuclear
genetic markers (such as blood types).

-- Mark

Mark P. Line