Pragmatical similarity between 1p imperative and indicative?

Cameron, Richard rcameron at uic.edu
Wed May 26 13:57:31 UTC 2010

Right.

In Spanish, I see this referred to as the Exhortative.

First person plural (nosotros/nosotras) can take two forms, I believe:

1) Vamos a comer (Lit. We are going to eat = Let's eat) with the verb,
'ir' (Vamos)in the indicative.

OR

Comamos. (Lit: We eat) with the verb in the present subjunctive.

I don't know of commands like this for first person singular.

- Richard Cameron