Call for papers: workshop on exaptation (ICHL 20 Japan)

Freek Van de Velde Freek.VanDeVelde at arts.kuleuven.be
Tue Nov 23 13:38:17 UTC 2010

Dear Funknetters,
This is a call for papers for a workshop on the topic of 'exaptation' (in short, the process of recycling morphology, see Lass, R. 1990. How to do things with junk: exaptation in language evolution. Journal of Linguistics 26: 79-102), hosted by Muriel Norde (University of Groningen) and Freek Van de Velde (University of Leuven) at the ICHL-20 conference<http://www.ichl2011.com/index.html> in Osaka. A detailed description of the workshop can be found here<http://www.ichl2011.com/pdf/Workshop_A0020.pdf>: http://www.ichl2011.com/pdf/Workshop_A0020.pdf. We have quite a number of participants already, but we want to give people interested a chance to join the workshop. Abstracts should be sent via the ICHL website before January 15. If we can't accommodate your abstract in the workshop itself, it may still be accepted for  the general session at the conference. Looking forward to seeing you in Osaka.

Freek Van de Velde
Postdoctoral research fellow
Research Foundation Flanders (FWO), University of Leuven
Fac. of Arts, Dept. of Linguistics
Blijde Inkomststraat 21, P.O. Box 3308
BE-3000 Leuven
Tel. 0032 16 32 47 81