analysis: unhappiness

Richard Hudson dick at ling.ucl.ac.uk
Sat Sep 11 21:14:16 UTC 2010

  Dear Ted,
Thanks for this. Sorry I misrepresented your goals; I'm afraid I was
stereotyping you. But then, I was also stereotyping myself. It looks as
though we both share the same global goal that I sketched in my earlier
message: a comprehensive model for language which covers both structure
and processing, and both behaviour and cognition; and which allows
individual variation in all four. Hooray! All we need is the wisdom to
'think global and act local', as they keep telling us. I'm afraid it's
all too easy to get side-tracked into something narrow and easier.

Best wishes, Dick