ICLCE 4 - 2nd call for papers

Alexander Bergs abergs at uos.de
Sun Sep 12 07:40:21 UTC 2010

4th International Conference on the Linguistics of Contemporary English
ICLCE-4
Date: 19-Jul-2011 - 23-Jul-2011
Location: Osnabrueck, Germany
Contact Person: Alexander Bergs
Meeting Email: iclce4 at uos.de
Web Site: http://www.blogs.uos.de/iclce4

2nd Call for Papers

The attention devoted to the linguistics of the English language has resulted
in a broad body of work in diverse research traditions. The aim of the ICLCE
conference is to encourage the cross-fertilisation of ideas between different
frameworks and research traditions, all of which may address any aspect of
the linguistics of English. Previous ICLCE conferences were held in
Edinburgh (2005), Toulouse (2007) and London (2009) along the same
lines. We aim for the Osnabrueck conference to build on the success of
those events.

Plenary Speakers
Scott F. Kiesling (University of Pittsburgh)
Daniel Schreier (University of Zurich)
Peter Stockwell (University of Nottingham)
Graeme Trousdale (University of Edinburgh)
Jessica de Villiers (University of British Columbia)
Rachel Walker (University of Southern California)
Gert Webelhuth (Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main)

We invite papers on any topic concerning the linguistics of contemporary
English. Workshop proposals are also welcome.

We are using the EasyABS system delivered by LinguistList.
If there are any problems or if you have any questions, please feel free to
contact us at iclce4uos.de.

Abstracts should be no longer than 350 words, preferably format A4 with
2.5 cm margins, single-spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt, and with normal
character spacing. All examples and references in the abstract should be
included, but it is enough, when referring to previous work, to cite 'Author
(Date)' in the body of the abstract - you do not need to include the full
reference. Please only use common phonetic fonts such as SIL.
+++++++++++++
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Bergs, M.A.
Chair of English Language and Linguistics

Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik (IfAA)
Fachbereich 7 -Universitaet Osnabrueck
Neuer Graben 40
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany