unhappiness

Lesley-Neuman, D.F. d.f.lesley-neuman.2 at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Sep 13 20:14:13 UTC 2010

to look at the history of the formation of -ness nouns to provide some
clues as to the interactions of the two processes for a proper design of
the study.  If the observations of our list participants is correct, a
study controlling age and other social factors might provide some clues
regarding some type of historical change in progress, or a recycling of
older meanings,  further underscoring the importance of
cross-fertilization between the fields of historical linguistics and
psychology.

Diane Lesley-Neuman
PhD Researcher
Leiden University Centre for Linguistics/
Languages and Cultures of Africa
Van Wijkplaats 4 Office 103A
2311 BV Leiden  The Netherlands
Email: d.f.lesley-neuman.2 at hum.leidenuniv.nl