Variation of different functions of gerund and participle

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Wed Sep 29 09:01:31 UTC 2010

Dear Funknet List members, do you use the coefficient of variation and Chi-square to study functioning of phonemes or prepositions in language? In fact, the application of coefficient of variation and Chi-square to investigate the variation of linguistic elements in language may stop endless debates about language variation problems. I use them all right. They proved quite useful. With their help I also studied variation of phomenes and groups of phonemes (labials, velars, sonorants, fricatives, etc.) across languages. Usually they were used to study the variation of phonemes in texts. I did that as well. The degree of variation of different functions of gerund and participle allowed us to distinquish between authors. It contributed much to the theory of authorship. I wonder if you read my publications? Who is researching in the same area? I call this area phonostatistical typology. Looking forward to hearing from you soon to yutamb at mail.ru Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia