Book suggestions?

James J. Mischler mischlerj at nsula.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:35:29 UTC 2011

Johanna,

I recommend "Language Myths," edited by Laurie Bauer and Peter Trudgill. I have used it as a supplementary text in an introduction to linguistics class, and it worked well. The text is written for those who have not studied linguistics. Each chapter is written by a linguist and discusses an issue that is important to understanding how language works.

Jim Mischler, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
Natchitoches, LA  71497  USA
mischlerj at nsula.edu