Origins of human language in Southern Africa?

A. Katz amnfn at well.com
Sat Apr 16 12:12:14 UTC 2011

One of my former interns sent me a reference to this, but it was in the
general press and not an academic article. If anyone does have access to
the article itself, I would be very interested in reading it.

I think the idea was, according to the write up for the public, that
changes in syntax, morphology and phonology are historical, and can be
seen as step-wise accumulations, and are not explained by Chomskyan theory
as being motivated by language internal causes.

Also that language changes as culture changes.

    --Aya