Standardizing relativization in Dinka (and other languages?)

john at research.haifa.ac.il john at research.haifa.ac.il
Tue Dec 13 19:31:10 UTC 2011

Hmm. That's an idea. I wouldn't want to invent a new symbol which they'd
need a special keyboard for, but one of the others. I am planning on using a
number of punctuation marks to mark morphophonemic function, but there should be
some extras on a normal keyboard (semi-colon? Greece uses it for questions). I
guess the marker would go at the end of the relative clause? That seems the
simplest solution. I'll have to think about this in more specific terms.
Thanks,
John