theoretician

Mark P. Line mark at polymathix.com
Thu Jan 6 14:35:43 UTC 2011

So that gives you an idea of the kind of subliminal and sometimes
unintentional discrimination non-Chomskyan theoreticians are exposed to,
at the drop of a hat, even today, this 6th day of January, 2011.

Maybe that will help you excuse the occasional sarcasm at the expense of
the discriminatrices behind their collective backs.

-- Mark

Mark P. Line

Ron Smyth wrote:
> Touche re my use of the word "theoretician".  Blame it on frequency in the
> input; it is used so often to refer to generative grammarians alone.  No
> branch of linguistics is without theory, nor is any flavour of any of
> those branches without theory.
>
> ron

> Ron Smyth, Associate Professor
> Linguistics & Psychology