Call for papers: Lancaster Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and English Language

Gabrielatos, Costas c.gabrielatos at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 11:09:08 UTC 2011

THE SIXTH LANCASTER UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE
IN LINGUISTICS AND LANGUAGE TEACHING

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the Sixth Lancaster University International
Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and English Language (LAEL PG
Conference) which will take place at Lancaster University's George Fox building,

on Tuesday 12th of July 2011.

This one-day conference is designed to give linguistics postgraduates from all
research areas an opportunity to present and discuss their research in
an informal and intellectually stimulating setting.

This year's conference will be opened by Prof. Greg Myers (Lancaster
University), and there will be guest plenary lectures by:
Prof. Paul Kerswill (Lancaster University)
Dr. Johnny Unger (Lancaster University)

We invite postgraduate students to submit abstracts for oral and poster
presentations on any area of linguistics, theoretical or applied (see below for
abstract submission guidelines).

Topics Include:

  - Cognitive linguistics
  - Corpus linguistics
  - Critical discourse analysis
  - Historical linguistics
  - Literacy studies
  - Pragmatics/semantics
  - Phonetics/phonology
  - Second language teaching/learning/assessment
  - Sociolinguistics
  - Syntax/morphology Stylistics
  - Translation studies
  - Other: please specify

For further information, please visit the website:
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/events/laelpgconference/index.htm

Key Dates

Abstracts must be received by Friday 25 March 2011
Notification of acceptancewill be given on Tuesday 10 May 2011

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Helen Faye West
Janina Iwaniec
Matteo Di Cristofaro