Versatility?

A. Katz amnfn at well.com
Fri Mar 18 20:14:41 UTC 2011

Fellow Funknetters,

This discussion concerning whether borrowing leads to versatility reminds
me to ask: would any of you like me to send you a review copy of my just
published book "Ping & the Snirkelly People"?

Although it is a story about little girl learning English under total
immersion, it actually touches on the issue of the morphological opacity
that afflicts native speakers of English because they have been blinded to
derivational morphology by a language that is full of borrowing.

The main character, because she comes from a language where lexemes are
largely morphologically transparent, can understand the morphology of
English better than her native speaker classmates.

If you would like to review the book, email me your address and I will
send it.

Best,

      --Aya

http://hubpages.com/hub/Press-Release-Ping-the-Snirkelly-People