Versatility?

alex gross language at sprynet.com
Sun Mar 20 07:36:46 UTC 2011

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks so much for your query. The obvious source in this interview is the
interviewer herself, at that time a noted medical translator named Sandra
Celt.  I doubt if she would have used the term if she had not just come
across it in a medical text she had been translating.  Many odd terms can
crop up in such texts, though none of them detract from the reality that
German medical terms are often more readily tranparent to their speeakers
than English ones are.

Very best!

alex