Warao

Philip W. Davis pwd at rice.edu
Fri Oct 28 07:31:18 UTC 2011

	Recently there was in inquiry on
Linguistlist asking for information on Warao. The
inquirer wanted information on negation in Warao,
a language isolate spoken in Venezuela, and also
the location of a recent researcher of the
language, Andrés Romero-Figueroa. Unfortunately,
I could not offer help in answering either of
those questions, but I had recently used material
on the language in my own work. I offered that in
response.
	Then I thought that the effort might be
of interest to the members of Funknet. In that
spirit, I offer these chapters on the language:
	Warao Focus:
		http://www.philipwdavis.com/sands08.pdf
	Warao Topic I:
		http://www.philipwdavis.com/sands18.pdf
	Warao Topic II:
		http://www.philipwdavis.com/sands19.pdf
	Bibliography
		http://www.philipwdavis.com/sands46.pdf
The files are in pdf format and would total 271 pages if printed.
	If those chapters are useful, then the
larger work in which they are embedded may also
be interesting. It can be found at this url:
		http://www.philipwdavis.com/sands.html
It is a work in progress with all the caveats
that implies, namely, at any time I may change my
mind if needed.

Best regards to all,
Philip W. Davis
pwd<at>rice<dot>edu