Postdoc in L2 acquisition, University of Gothenburg
benjamin.lyngfelt at svenska.gu.se
Thu Jul 5 12:34:05 UTC 2012
The Department of Swedish, University of Gothenburg – Call for applications to a postdoctoral position in second language acquisition research
The successful applicant will conduct his/her own research in the field of second language acquisition. The scope of employment is 100% including a possibility of 20% teaching. The successful applicant is expected to take active part in the research activities of the department and to organize a research seminar series on second language acquisition or Swedish as a second language. The applicant is expected to spend at least four days a week in the department.
Applicants should have a research interest related to one or more of the other profile research areas of the department: Language Technology, Grammar, Text Linguistics and Lexicography/Lexicology.
Applicants should have a PhD no more than 3 years old by the closing date of this call. If you were awarded a doctoral degree at an earlier date, you may invoke special circumstances (e.g., parental leave), which in this case should be clearly stated in the application.
The position is for one year starting in the second half of 2012. It may be extended for an additional year after evaluation, to a maximum of two years.
Applications should be written in English or Swedish and must include the following:
• A CV including certified copies of graduate diplomas(s).
• A plan of the research project which the applicant wishes to pursue.
• A description of how the project will contribute to the field of research of the department.
• References from previous postdoctoral positions or related research (if relevant).
• Contact information for references.
• List of publications, with a maximum of four enclosed, including the dissertation.
Closing date of the call for applications: August 31, 2012. Apply online at:
More information about the Funknet