Software for Corpus Linguistics

Sidney Facundes sidi at ufpa.br
Mon Jul 30 09:51:23 UTC 2012

	Dear all,

	Please, would anyone have suggestions as to what the best software tools there are out there now for corpus linguistics? WordSmith is the first one that comes to mind, but I'm not informed of alternatives. I've been told that R can also be used, but requires programming. I'm interested in tools that can manage languages other than English, including languages with non-Roman letters. I've found some freeware but that do not seem to handle non-Roman scripts.

	Thanks for any suggestion you may have.

	Best,
	Sidi Facundes