31st AESLA CONFERENCE =?windows-1252?Q?=93COMUNICATION=2C_COGNITION=2C_CYBERNETICS=94_?=UNIVERSITY OF LA LAGUNA 18th-20th APRIL, 2013

Francisco Ruiz de Mendoza francisco.ruizdemendoza at unirioja.es
Wed Sep 19 21:00:27 UTC 2012

http://aesla2013.tucongreso.es/en/poster

31st AESLA CONFERENCE “COMUNICATION, COGNITION, CYBERNETICS”
UNIVERSITY OF LA LAGUNA 18th-20th APRIL, 2013

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR PAPERS
The Spanish Applied Linguistics Association is pleased to announce details
of its 2013 Annual Conference, to be held at the University of La Laguna,
Tenerife 18-20 April 2013.
The conference theme, Communication, Cognition and Cybernetics, invites
contributions on possible interfaces among different research domains
within the general field of applied linguistics.
The thirty-first AESLA conference takes place at a time of cultural, social
and economic uncertainty, conditions which while challenging us also
frequently herald periods of renewal and the quest for hitherto unexplored
intellectual perspectives.  At a time such as this there is an even greater
need to forge links between apparently unrelated areas and to generate new
understandings in a bid to provide both novel answers to the questions that
always perplex us and creative solutions to the challenges we currently
meet. A crucial component of this intellectual position is the willingness
to build bridges between disciplines that lend themselves to synergy. The
title we have given our conference – “Communication, cognition and
cybernetics” - rests on the convergence of disciplines which, although
dissimilar, complement one another in the service of applied linguistics in
our time.
Keynote speakers (confirmed):
- Teresa Cadierno, Syddansk Universitet-Odense
- Juana Gil Fernández, Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales, CSIC
- Rodney H. Jones, City University of Hong Kong
- James Pustejovsky, Brandeis University
- Robert D. Van Valin Jr., Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf
We invite the submission of proposals for papers, posters or round tables
(not more than 500 words, figures and references apart) related to any of
the areas represented by the ten thematic panels into which our association
is divided, especially welcome are those dealing with the topic of our
conference: communication, cognition and cybernetics:
Language acquisition
Language teaching
Language for specific purposes
Language psychology, child language and psycholinguistics
Sociolinguistics
Pragmatics
Discourse analysis
Corpus linguistics, computational linguistics and linguistic engineering
Lexicology and lexicography
Translation and interpreting
Special interdisciplinary section: technologies and linguistic research
Proposals must be submitted using the online proposal submission form:
http://aesla2013.tucongreso.es
, no later than November 30th 2012 . The list of panel coordinators and
contact details can be downloaded from: http://www.aesla.uji.es/paneles.
Authors will be notified of the acceptance/rejection of their papers around
21st December, once the review process is completed. No more than 2
contributions per author will be accepted. The conference languages are
Spanish and English.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your proposal.

The organizing committee