Augmentatives?

Benjamin Chauvette chauvette at rice.edu
Thu Feb 7 16:17:32 UTC 2013

Does anyone know of any typological or cognitive work that focuses
primarily on augmentatives?

I am familiar with the general literature dealing with diminutive and
augmentative morphology (e.g. Scalise 1984 and responses thereto; Matisoff
1992, Dressler & Barbaresi 1994; Jurafsky 1996), but am curious if there is
any other research, particularly unpublished manuscripts, that I am
overlooking.

Grandi's (2002) work on the Mediterranean area is great, but I have not
found anything similar for other areas.

Best,
Ben Chauvette