New Book announcement

Gerard O'Grady OGradyGN at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Jul 15 19:00:24 UTC 2013

Dear Funknet Members

We are delighted to announce the publication of a new book and to offer you 25% off the published price for orders placed on our websitewww.equinoxpub.com quoting the discount code CHOICE valid until the end of September 2013.

Link to book and ordering page:

https://www.equinoxpub.com/equinox/books/showbook.asp?bkid=541&keyword=

Choice in Language
Applications in Text Analysis
Edited by Gerard O’Grady, Tom Bartlett and Lise Fontaine, all at Cardiff University

HB  £55       $95    9781908049544
PB  £19.99   $35    9781908049551
346pp

The notion of Choice provides a constant underlying theme to work in Systemic Functional Linguistics, whether this is concerned with in-depth description of the system of lexicogrammatical options available within specific languages, or with the analysis of the semiotic and/or social implications of the choices taken within specific texts. Yet, to date, little has been published exploring the applicability of choice across various contexts. Choice in Language addresses this gap by presenting a selection of writings from internationally renowned authors that develop the analytical perspective of choice across wide-ranging contexts and, in some cases, in languages other than English. The book demonstrates the value of Systemic Functional Linguistics as an ‘applicable’ linguistics, which is a core tool in broader fields such as pedagogy, literary studies and critical discourse analysis.

With best wishes

Equinox Publishing Ltd