Public Linguistics Presentation Q

Ellen Contini-Morava elc9j at virginia.edu
Wed Jun 12 17:42:19 UTC 2013

People also find it cool to discover that they know "rules" that they're
not aware of knowing, and that these even apply to nonstandard
varieties.  A good example is Wolfram's a-prefixing quiz (see
http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/a-prefixing/).

Ellen

Ellen Contini-Morava
Professor, Department of Anthropology