BUCLD 38 Preregistration

BUCLD langconf at bu.edu
Thu Oct 17 20:41:13 UTC 2013

38th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development

November 1-3, 2013

Keynote Speaker:

Elena Lieven, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology / University of Manchester

Plenary Speaker:

CANCELED: Heather van der Lely, Harvard University

Unfortunately, Heather van der Lely's plenary address has been cancelled for health reasons. We regret that we cannot hear her address and wish her the best in recovery.

Symposia:

Saturday - 'Resolving A Learnability Paradox in the Acquisition of Verb Argument Structure: What have we learned in the last 25 years'

Ben Ambridge (University of Liverpool) (organizer)
Adele Goldberg (Princeton University)
Joshua Hartshorne (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) & Jesse Snedeker (Harvard University)
Steven Pinker (Harvard University)

Sunday - 'A new approach to language learning: filtering through the processor'

Helen Goodluck (University of York) (organizer)
Lyn Frazier (University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
Colin Phillips (University of Maryland, College Park)

We would like to remind you that the deadline to pre-register for BUCLD 38 is Tuesday, October 23, 2013. By pre-registering not only will you receive a reduced rate for the conference, but you will also be able to check-in at the registration desk quickly and proceed to the various exciting talks without waiting in line. Regular full-price registration will continue to be available online from Thursday, October 24 through Tuesday, October 29. To register, please visit the following website:

http://www.bu.edu/bucld/conference-info/registration/

For general information on the conference including the full schedule, please visit:

http://www.bu.edu/bucld

Also, you can register for the Society for Language Development Symposium "Mechanisms of Word Learning" on Thursday October 31, 1-6pm through our website. The SLD would also like to announce their student award. Please see their website for more information:

http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/sld/symposium.html