How the Light Gets In Festival

Everett, Daniel DEVERETT at bentley.edu
Wed Apr 23 11:59:52 UTC 2014

Excuse cross-posting. But I think people around England at this time might enjoy this festival.

http://howthelightgetsin.iai.tv

In case anyone is around Hay-on-Wye next month, the How the Light Gets In festival will be fun. There will be rock and roll and philosophy. For example, in addition to giving a talk on my forthcoming book, Dark Matter of the Mind: How we know things we cannot tell (Thursday May 29, 6pm), I will be debating philosopher Nancy Cartwright and mathematician/Cosmologist George Ellis on “Ultimate Proof.” (Saturday May 31, 12pm) I will also be debating bioethicist Sarah Chan and Oxford philosopher Janet Radcliffe Richards on “Noble Ancestors and Modern Selves.”  (Thursday  May 29, 230pm).

The advertisements mention the word “hedonism” as well. I will not be talking about this, but it is supposed to be on display during the week-long event.

Dan