Parentheticals

Cecilia E. Ford ceford at wisc.edu
Tue Jun 3 14:46:00 UTC 2014

Hi Dan:

Richard Ogden (University of York) would also be a good source.

 http://www.york.ac.uk/language/people/academic-research/Richard-Ogden/#research

John Local (York, emeritus) has a great exploration of parentheticals -- "Continuing and restarting" in The Contextualization of Language, edited by Peter Auer, Aldo Di Luzio. It's on the phonetics/prosodics of parentheticals in interaction (English).
 https://benjamins.com/#catalog/books/pbns.22/main

Of course, both Ogden and Local use very different sorts of data than many phoneticians....

ceci

--
Professor of English and Sociology
Hoefs Professor of English