diachronic development of grammatical relations

Randy LaPolla randy.lapolla at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 00:36:37 UTC 2014

Dear Fritz,
I have two articles from 2006 that deal with aspects of this:

LaPolla, Randy J. 2006. On grammatical relations as constraints on referent identification. In Tasaku Tsunoda and Taro Kageyama (eds.), Voice and grammatical relations: Festschrift for Masayoshi Shibatani (Typological Studies in Language), 139-151. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins Pub. Co.
      http://tibeto-burman.net/rjlapolla/papers/LaPolla_2006_On_Grammatical_Relations_as_Constraints_on_Referent_Identification.pdf

LaPolla, Randy J. 2006. The how and why of syntactic relations. Invited plenary address and keynote of the Centre for Research on Language Change Workshop on Grammatical Change at the Annual Conference of the Australian Linguistics Society, University of Queensland, 7-9 July, 2006. To appear in Christian Lehmann, Stavros Skopeteas, Christian Marschke (eds.), Evolution of syntactic relations (Trends in Linguistics Series). Berlin: Mouton De Gruyter.
http://tibeto-burman.net/rjlapolla/papers/LaPolla_Draft_The_how_and_why_of_syntactic_relations.pdf

All the best,
Randy
-----
Prof. Randy J. LaPolla, PhD FAHA (罗仁地)| Head, Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies | Nanyang Technological University
HSS-03-80, 14 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637332 | Tel: (65) 6592-1825 GMT+8h | Fax: (65) 6795-6525 | http://sino-tibetan.net/rjlapolla/