Review of research on gesture

Everett, Daniel DEVERETT at bentley.edu
Thu May 8 22:45:36 UTC 2014

And I think that I mention those folks in my review. Once again, however, I am talking about the average linguist. In fact, more than that, Eve and Sherman, I am simply urging upon linguists of all persuasions the need to engage themselves in exactly what you are doing. The claim is not that all linguists everywhere are ignoring gesture. The claim is that no one interested in language should ignore it.

There is nothing in my abstract language and certainly nothing in the paper that would disagree/contradict anything you or Sherman is saying.

All best,

Dan