Review of research on gesture

anne marie devlin anne_mariedevlin at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 09:32:11 UTC 2014

Don't think it's been mentioned before, but there's some interesting work on the role of gesture in second language acquisition.  Stam (2010) highlights the correlation between gestural and linguistic expressions of 'path' and 'motion' in a Spanish learner of English. She also published the first (and possibly only) book on SLA and geatures.
Anne Marie