Vote on advisory council

Kira Hall kira.hall at YALE.EDU
Wed Aug 25 19:09:08 UTC 1999

Dear Gala members,

Since discussion has slowed down regarding the Advisory Council and its
make-up, I think it's time to vote on the issue.  Let's start with the
following questions, and then we'll have a follow-up vote if Item B.4 is
approved.  Please send your votes to kira.hall at yale.edu by August 31, and
put GALA VOTE as your subject header.

Item A:  Vote for 1 or 2.

1.  No Advisory Council
2.  Yes, we want some kind of Advisory Council

Item B: As a separate issue, and supposing that there were an Advisory
Council, vote for 3 or 4.

3. Advisory Council, all slots open to anyone
4. Advisory Council with some slots reserved, whether based on scholarship,
underrepresented group, or other factor to be decided if this option
is approved.

Kira Hall
Assistant Professor of Linguistic Anthropology
Department of Anthropology
51 Hillhouse Avenue
Yale University
New Haven, CT  06520-8277