more on advisory council

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Wed Dec 8 23:56:14 UTC 1999

I'm afraid my last message didn't come across as wholly consistent with the
structure of the advisory council that was already approved: that some
slots would indeed be reserved for some yet-to-be-determined
representatives. Here are two possible options that more clearly take that
approved structure into account:

1. Having some seats appointed by the executive commmittee with diversity
of groups and/or professional issues in mind.
2. Having one third of the seats open, one third designated "professional"
and one third designated "political," with these to be determined by who
actually runs for them.

Thoughts?

Mary