implementation

Chris Beckwith beckwith at INDIANA.EDU
Sun Feb 28 23:11:52 UTC 1999

A brief comment on Suzette Haden Elgin's brief comment:  She is quite
right about not needing lawyers; I failed to mention this in my earlier
remarks.  About the substantial funding, though, there is a trick to it
that they don't tell you, namely that there is a three-year probationary
period during which the fledgling organization should not accept any
but very small donations from the members themselves.  After non-profit
corporate status is finalized, any donations are okay.  I found this out
the hard way and nearly was denied non-profit status.  Otherwise, it
really is a simple process.

Chris