Conference 2000

Alice Freed FREEDA at ALPHA.MONTCLAIR.EDU
Wed Jun 23 18:23:15 UTC 1999

Even though there are a number of unresolved issues related to
the type of future relationship that GALA might have with BWLG
(the options that Mary posted some days ago), I wanted to respond
right away to Penny's offer of having the next language and
gender conference (whatever we call it) at Stanford. It sounds
like a great idea to me. By changing the location of the
conference, it establishes it as something new. By keeping it
in the San Francisco area, it allows the Berkeley students who
want to be involved to continue working on it. Perhaps this will
also establish the precedent of a traveling conference. We can
decide on that later but this is still something that I am in
favor of. (And Penny, can we take this suggestion as a hopeful
sign that you, as a faculty member, might be able to be
involved?)

Do you all think there is enough time to get this handled for next
April? It seems pretty rushed to me. And again, we really do have
to decide what to call it. Is this the first GALA
conference or a reincarnated BWLG conference?

     Alice