Let's get on with it

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Mon May 3 15:37:36 UTC 1999

We're very glad that subscribers are eager to get down to discussions of
language and gender. Please keep in mind, though, that the list as it
currently stands exists only to create a language and gender organization
and not (yet) to discuss content issues. An excellent forum for the latter
is FLING (Feminism in Linguistics). To subscribe, e-mail
listproc at listserv.oit.unc.edu with the message "subscribe fling FIRSTNAME
LASTNAME". We hope that you'll all also stick around GALA-L and contribute
to the discussion. (The conversation so far has been great--thanks!)

The facilitators,

Kira, Mary, Megan, Sara