IGALA 2 final call for papers (deadline extended)

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at STANFORD.EDU
Fri Sep 28 17:47:14 UTC 2001

Second International Gender and Language Association Conference (IGALA2)

Third and Final Call for Papers

This is the third and final Call for Papers for the Second International Gender
and Language Association Conference (IGALA2) to be held at Lancaster
University, UK, April 12-14 2002.
The Plenary Speakers are:
Penny Eckert
Norman Fairclough
Janet Holmes
Marlis Hellinger
Sara Mills
Ruth Wodak

Deborah Cameron has also agreed to participate.

We are seeking abstracts for papers, panel discussions, posters and workshops.
Each person may submit at most one individual and one jointly authored abstract
for papers or posters, but may have their name included in as many submitted
abstracts for panel discussions and workshops as they wish. The new, extended
deadline for abstracts is Friday November 16, 2001.
For further details please consult the IGALA2 Website:
http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/groups/gal/igala2.htm
<http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/groups/gal/igala2.htm>
If the event of the Website being down when you receive this message, we have
attached the abstract submission form as a Word file. If you cannot open it, or
have further enquiries about completing it, or about any other aspect of the
Conference, please write to: igala2 at lancaster.ac.uk
<mailto:igala2 at lancaster.ac.uk>

(With apologies for cross-postings.)

PhD in Applied Linguistics by Thesis and Coursework:
http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/phd/tphd/

New Route PhD in Applied Linguistics:
http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/phd/nroute.htm